Reittiopas API Developer’s Guide
Helsinki Regional Transport Authority (HSL) offers access right to the old Reittiopas (Journey Planner) interface and the new Digitransit platform for applications and services that support public transport usage and transport information availability. There are multiple ways to access the timetable and route data:
- Digitransit with new HSL and nationwide data, APIs and source code (GTFS, OpenTripPlanner, MQTT, GraphQL, Relay, React.js, vector tile maps etc.)
- dev.hsl.fi with new and experimental data, formats, APIs and source code.
- Old HTTP GET interface, which gives a response in XML or JSON format (to be discontinued after 2016)
- GTFS format data dump file, which contains stops, routes and timetable data in simple spreadsheet files (CSV) standardised by General Transit Feed Specification
- Old Kalkati.net format data dump XML file, a legacy nationally standardised file
- Other old APIs
Use of these interfaces is free of charge. Distribution and re-use of HSL information is allowed. Due to limited service capacity, HTTP GET interface queries from each account are limited to max. 5000 weighted queries per hour. Documentation is available only in English and HSL takes no responsibility of possible errors or damages caused by documentation. If you find an error or have an idea how to improve the documentation, please tell us via the contact form.
Access to the downloads and interfaces is granted via the account registration form or if you need more information, please use the contact form. HSL reserves a right to inspect applications and services before granting access to the interface. HSL may revoke access rights whenever necessary, for example in case of excessive traffic to the interface or misuse of the service.
HSL has developed the new realtime journey planning and passenger information platform Digitransit together with Finnish Transport Agency's journey.fi. The coverage of the service is nationwide and takes into account realtime data where available. The service can combine all modes of transport including public transport, airlines, private car, walking, cycling as well as citybikes. In addition to the open data and APIs, the source code is also open at Github.
How to access the data:
HSL Developer Community
Follow and participate at: